We literally could not see the carving at Mount Rushmore today. I didn't even know where to look to try and see it. The mist and fog did pass for about one second to vaguely see the Presidents. Same story for seeing Crazy Horse. We were going to check out of hotel Thursday morning for our trip back home but we have extended it one more day (which means we will be driving like bats out of hell for 1,300 miles on way back to Georgia).
Never mind the fact that it is 44 degrees on June 10th!........just hoping for some clear skies!
Must get off computer as old person is staring me down.
16 comments:
That is frustrating! Hopefully you will have better luck today. Enjoy your trip.
That is wrong! I hope you have better luck today. Safe travels!
bummer...there really are presidents under that fog...and well it sounds like many folks are having rainy, cloudy, cooler weather this summer!
hope you have a safe trip home...that is a lot of miles to drive! we head out on monday to madison, wi then off to maine...so we have a lot of road to cover too!
Girlfriend, I would give my eye teeth for 44 degrees; my eye teeth, I tell you!
Then again, if I'd schlepped cross-country to see this marble/granite chiseled miracle and the fog simultaneously rolled in, I'd be a little p'd, too.
Here's wishing you a good night, a good moon, and a better tomorrow.
Oh, and don't worry about the glaring old person. Just do what you need to do.
Oh how disappointing - hopefully the weather improves and you have clear sailing on your return home!
I get the same old person stare.....
oh, and if there is too much fog, just go get a mani/pedi and latte. That's what I'd do.
That's really SUCKY! I feel for you - it was also too foggy when we were on our honeymoon and wanted to see Mount St. Helens. It's just not fair, since when's the next time you're going to be able to be out that way!
Hope your trip home is safe!
my rents once took a trip to Palm Springs where it then snowed for the first time ever.
Maybe the presidents aren't there any more. Maybe that is fake fog to obscure the truth.
Here in SW Washington, we had a similar moment when we took a family member to see Mt. St. Helens. You go into a big visitor center, where you watch a film of the explosion, then the screen rolls up, and the curtains behind open and ....voila!....the mountain is right out there. Except it wasn't. Heavy cloud cover. Bummer.
I assume you had a safe trip home, since you just commented on my site. It's time for a new post, MR! No old people are using your computer, are they?!
Everyone, thanks for the comments!! We saw Mt. Rushmore the next day at 8:00 a.m. when they opened. The morning light was great even though it was extremely overcast. Sprinkling when we left at 9:30 a.m.
I hope to add an update tonight and post lots about the trip. After being with the family 24/7 for 9.5 days, and with everyone on vacation till Aug it about killed me to go to work this a.m. I mean seriously. My youngest wants me home so bad. And ditto.
Fantastic Forrest--what a crack up about the curtains opening up.
Bernthis--snowing in the desert--what a story.
Oh good - so glad you got to see it the next day!
Can't wait to hear and see more about your trip!
good day bros. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking for the sake of that particular make. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers are around 350 dollars on every page. But completely I bring about this site selling them for half price. I really want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy them. what can you tell me about these?
good evening people. I'm really into shoes and I have been looking allowing for regarding that particular make. The prices as regards the boots are approximately 330 dollars on every site. But definitively I bring about this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I absolutely like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy these. what can you say about it?
hi there ppl. I'm really into shoes and I have been looking allowing for regarding that singular brand. The prices for the shoes were approximately 310 bucks everwhere. But finally I set this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I really love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order them. what can you say about it?
good day fellas. I'm really into shoes and I had been looking as far as something that meticulous brand. The prices due to the fact that the shoes were about 250 bucks on every page. But finally I set this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I really want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order them. what can you say about it?
Post a Comment