So mostly when we have mashed potatoes I prefer to do the mashing........ but last night he did:
Over the weekend I got some Halloween decorating done. I bought a bag of plastic, hairy centipedes and ....ugh plastic roaches and I couldn't resist putting a little sticky glue on the back and putting a couple on the walls inside. I scared one out of 4 people who live here. But I have to admit sometimes they catch me off-guard.....
Here is a cute hairy thing:
Had a little bit of a hairy situation after baseball on Saturday. I watched Youngests’ game and Hubs and Oldest joined at the end as their game had just ended. Then Youngests’ game ended and we were all starving and I said I would bring home some takeout food for a late lunch, and Hubs and Oldest went home. Then Youngest begged to stay after for 15 minutes and play “Pickle” with the other boys. Well, Middle School son was in another spot at the park nearby so I found him pretty quickly, told him to skateboard on over to Youngest, watch him, and I’d be back in 10 mins tops with food (the food places are very close by). Of course once in the fast food drive through, the lady in front of me ordered practically everything off the menu. I thought about how I should have asked Middle School son to advise any other parent who wondered that he was Youngest’s brother and in charge of him. As soon as I got my food I got a call from another mom I know who was still at the park…….asking if I needed help bringing Youngest home or something. I filled her in that there should be a skater dude nearby and….he was. However, I am sure other parents who’d been there must have thought, WTH? I could be blog fodder for them!
7 comments:
Come on, you live in the South. We don't need big, plastic bugs to plaster over our walls, we got the real things.
Nope, just teaching your kids responsibility. They'll do well.
And, yes, I have those bugs on my walls - year round. Yours looked real to me!
I'm sure there are a few people who think I am a bad mommy because I let my 7 yr. old walk home from the bus stop some days. We live 2-3 houses into a culdesac, but you would swear by some people's reaction that we live on the side of the highway surrounded by child predators.
Too funny! I think in any family with multiple children there is a certain amount of taking care of each other. My middle schooler frequently gives my preschooler her bath or takes her on "jobs" at the grocery store. Every once in a while I think yeah people probably think I am an irresponsible Mom for doing that, but really that is just the way it works in our house!
And I am sure if anything did happen while you were gone for a few minutes the boys would have been able to take care of it!!!
That story about the arm hair in the light is priceless!
Loosening the apron strings does feel nice. The 8-year-old asked to go play tag with some kids on the other side of the soccer complex the other night while we were watching Youngest play.
I was proud of both of us - him for stepping out of his comfort zone, me for not hestitating to let him try. Then again, I have another 8 years before I have a teen driver in the house. Baby steps.
Those bugs? That's just mean.
oh you are fine...11 year olds can babysit...so why not boogie on over to those fast food lines while your 12 year old watches your 9 year old...it is totally cool!
don't tell anyone but we leave our 10 year olds(almost 11 year olds) home on their own...cuz' if we take them they are a pain in the ass...smiles!
Post a Comment