There are so many positives of children getting older (I need to remind myself of these things!) and one of them is sports.
It has been a while since we have arrived at the ball field and find out a piece of equipment has been forgotten at home.
The baseball games go by fast when boys can throw, hit, catch and make lots of double plays.
There is no assigned day for me to bring a drink and snacks for everyone. Our son fills up his own water bottle at home and he knows to eat breakfast before we leave and knows we eat lunch later--end of story! And I saw he brought his own bag of sunflower seeds for a snack.
The coach has older sons--in fact the coach has his college aged sons do the coaching most of the time--and there is no game ball that is given to a "star" player after the game. They play as a team, right?
The parents are awesome--they introduce themselves, are friendly, and they watch the game!
The parents of this new team are smart. We arrived for the first game this past Saturday at 10:30 a.m. it was already a scorcher. And look what two families had already set up at our bleachers:

They brought canopies they popped open and set up over the bleachers and all of us parents of 13 boys had shade. It was genius.
1 comment:
Wow. Those are the kind of parents I'd sit in the stands with anyday! My daughter just made the frosh volleyball team and was checking a list of practice gear she'd made for herself (on her phone!) as we drove to school one day last week. I stifled the urge to be stunned.
I'm so inspired by your team parents, I will now look for ways to improve our bleacher comfort during tournaments!
Mary
Post a Comment