Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Visual Proof

June has been a wonderful month and although reaching a milestone birthday is shocking, there are benefits.

Although I have to say that a few weeks before my birthday, on a Friday I walked to the mailbox and found this, which took the wind out of my sails:


What eased the blow is my 50-something oldest brother-in-law and sister-in-law were visiting and shared some stories.

And then, I made a point of picking up one of these at the dollar store to help remind me to take my vitamins every day:


I still forget though on some days.  I have Estroven (multi-vitamin, Vit. D and calcium with citrate).

I also went to have an annual physical--as usual my blood pressure, cholesterol, etc. is very good, but have gained five pounds and I love the doctor--she justs says, that is due to the hormone changes  My birthday gift is supposed to be joining a gym but I have not yet done that.  I am also supposed to get a mammogram and a colonoscopy.  Neither of which I have scheduled.  I know that a colonoscopy every ten years will discover something prior to cancer if something is there to remove, but I am slow to make appts.

Instead I have been at three cities on the beach in Florida,  still in awe over my surprise party and the sister-in-law love, horseback riding in the Little Tennessee River in north Georgia, meeting my 91-year old grandmother at the airport and driving her three hours to North Carolina, enjoying solitude at home while Hubs and sons are in Florida without me, picking and cooking my own vegetables, working, watching the Food Network, and crying during taped episodes of Extreme Makeover Weight Loss shows.

Around here the 4th of July town fireworks are always on the 3rd--not sure why--and it thundered and poured rain at night so no festivities.  Happy Hump Day 4th of July!

4 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Sounds like you're doing just what you should be. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Michelle:

Belated Happy Birthday! Yours is the same day as one of my brothers but he is a year ahead of you. Welcome to the club and succumb to the AARP because they give good discounts on stuff. ; )

Glad it was so fabulous and memorable!

Mary

Wander to the Wayside said...

Being fifty isn't all that bad once you get over the shock of seeing the number on paper,or the first time you actually say it out loud. After that it's just getting on with getting on! And just think how much wiser and more mature you are now than when you turned 30 or 40.

tiff said...

happiest of birthdays~sounds like a fun one...well other than the preventive care that needs to be scheduled...i can't get myself to do that either...ugh!

love the pill popper organizer...it helps tremendously to keep up with vitamins or meds or both...smiles!

what a wonderful gift from your sister in laws...so sweet and well surprises are always a great way to celebrate a special birthday!