Dear Baseball-Playing Firstborn Son,
I guess it was only a matter of time before you had to take your first trip to the emergency room after that line drive smacked you on your clavicle Wed night. I feel bad it happened one of the few nights a year that I am out of state due to work. Too bad Dad took you to the regular emergency room where you weren’t too impressed with the doctor, but at least we are going to a specialist tomorrow. But I must admit it is the first time in a while I get to “baby” you by helping you get dressed. And then can you believe that after almost 14 years and 4 homes I still keep “Boo Boo Bunny” in the freezer and you let me put it on you. I feel bad for you that you will not be able to go surfing or boogy boarding when we are in
Dear Hubs,
Thanks for taking care of the home front while I was out of town. The boys are in good hands. In fact, flying back on the plane that was bouncing around a bit, I was actually comforted when I thought, “Well, if I go down, they have their Dad.”
I am so ready for this weekend, and next week at the beach--my first vacation day since January 1st.
Love, Your Woman
Dear Flight Attendant,
Please refrain from speaking to your customers on your subsequent flights as if we are your BFFs, even though it was a small Delta Connection flight. While we are backing away from the gate ready to take off in bad weather, you don’t need to tell us that when you just landed in Mississippi a few minutes ago from Atlanta, that it was the wildest ride in your 12 years of work and that we should have our air nozzle pointed at us on our trip to prevent us from getting sick because you do not want to clean anything up.
From, Your Passenger
P.S. It wasn’t that bad and I now have10 more grey hairs for nothing.
15 comments:
Oh my goodness! Well, I hope for fast healing. And gray hair can be quite beautiful. At least that's what I keep telling myself.
He was 14 before his first trip to the ER???
I'm impressed. You are to be commended for the safety of his childhood.
Oh dear, did he just bruise it really badly? But it's not broken?
And oh dear oh dear the chatty flight attendant. They are always on those little connection flights. Ugh!
Oh, the broken-hearted baseball players. I know all about them. (They know me by name at the ER.)
Enjoy your vacation at the beach. Hoping you get some good moons while there.
Amazingly it was the first time for any injury and the kid has been in sports since he was 4. The Youngest split open his arm 1.5 years ago on a piece of rebar and this same ER did a fine job with him. And then there is the Middle one jumping off stairs on a skateboard (knowcking on wood here).
He has now had two sets of x-rays and cannot see that it is broken as the baseball hit on collar bone and under it.
Weird thing--the boy who hit the ball that hit my son....later was pitching and HE got hit same place only two inches lower--scary! He screamed and fell to the ground. Then he got up. He had an MRI the next day and he is fine. It was the last game of the tournament, two guys were out due to line drives. At the pool party 3 days later the other kid is in pool playing and mine is on a lounge sad and hurting to move. He is wearing a Figure 8 brace. I'm sure that is all that can be done but the Children's urgent care doc said he should see the ortho doc.
And that flight attendant was the only one on that flight and she was saying all this on the speaker to us.
There will be a full moon on Thurs!
I saw a full moon tonight! Does it come early in Texas?
And you kept that little bunny in the freezer. So sweet.
Tell your son he has a mahvelous jaw line.
Ouch!
Good man!
Bad flight attendant!
Excuse me while I hyperventilate after reading about your boys' ER visits.
Glad your oldest is okay.
Oh! Sorry to hear about the injury! And it semi-wrecking oldest's vacation. (He *does* have a great jawline!)
Boo Boo Bunny!!!
I hope you all have a great trip to the beach! (I'm so jealous! :) )
Oh I am so bummed for your son not being able to go full out for your vacation next week - that stinks :(
I love boo boo bunny! Wish I had one to break out for the kids - I make do with ziplocs of ice. Lame :)
I'll be looking for the full moon, and am glad you made it home safe from your trip! Wild rides are NOT fun...
That is the thought that keeps me going: that there is always Dad in case of mom's departure.
We still have out boo bunny from my 15 year old too...so sad...but sweet.
Poor guy! I love that the Boo Boo Bunny still lives. We have the Boo Boo Bear, and I plan to keep him around too!
Oh, is there nothing a boo boo bunny cannot help? Sweet boy. Sorry for the damage!!
Your flight, your flight! I might have had a panic attack right there in the aisle if my flight attendant spilled those beans. What's funny, is that I had a similar thought as yours as I hurled through the air - "Dear God, if this is it, just make it fast."
The calmness I felt of knowing the boys would be in good hands was incredible.
That might have been the Dramamine too.
P.S. the panhandle was incredible - perfection beyond belief. Hope your beach is as blessed.
Post a Comment