I've sat at the keyboard for about 30 minutes. There is so much I'd like to say about my second born son who turns 13 tomorrow.
I used to watch my boys play in the driveway--that and the side yard as far as I could see is as far as they would go. My second son would stop and wave at every neighbor who walked or drove by so we referred to him as the Mayor.
Tonight I took him to get a haircut and the stylist asked him how old he was. He said he was turning 13 tomorrow. She said, "You're 12!!? You have a mustache!"
More tomorrow! Tomorrow there will be two teenagers in the house.

11 comments:
Sweetest photo! There's a lot of emotions behind this post, you can feel it. I always struck by the way you write about your boys and the relationship they have with you. It's precious! Happy birthday to him!
And so it goes. Time seems to have it's own dimension once babies arrive. Years and decades fly by and thank goodness we have the pictures and videos to help us remember all the different versions of our children. That picture is beautiful. I love the idea of the mayor greeting his people. Good luck with the teen years, as I am finding them the most confusing so far. Maybe I'm just running out of steam and losing my faculties, but these are confusing times. Keep them close and keep them talking, that's what I keep telling myself. Happy birthday to your baby. And enjoy!
Happy birthday to your teen mayor.
Oh Two teens in one house. A moustache. I think I will cry a million tears (behind closed doors, of course) when my Golden Boy becomes a teenager.
I hope you have a wonderful day celebrating.
And so it goes...
It's all so odd and yet, it's the way it is.
What a beautiful baby boy.
He's still in there, mustache and all.
Happy Birth Day, Mama.
My number two is getting so close....
Two teenagers, good luck ;)
And a mustache? And I didn't think I was ready for a girl teenager....
Oh, oh, oh, I'm getting all teary-eyed and that's not even my sweet boy. Happy birthday to your second son.
OMG - "The Mayor" - love it!!
We always joke that Youngest likes to work a room as well. Looks like he's getting a new nickname.
Hope your heart feels better.
Oh you poor thing! And soon it will be me with not three, but FOUR, hairy, smelly teenage boys in the house! I need to form a support group NOW!
Happy Belated birthday to your beautiful son!
Good sharre
Post a Comment