
I think it was meant to be! Here is my Hurley T-shirt wearing son who pulled the name of this blogger winner, Elucig, who lives in Colorado, is a teacher, and has twin boys who love the outdoors and have Irish names. Congrats! I will send you an email to find out if you'd like a necklace for you, or the twins!? Oh, and plus she is a coffee fanatic.
We brought my mother-in-law back with us from Florida on Saturday and she left today. I had not one moment's rest since the prior weekend but the good news is that Saturday night we took her with us on our family tradition of picking out the Fraser fir from The Home Depot....and my decorating is done prior to December for the first time in history. Sunday Hubs put up the outside lights and she helped me decorate the tree, the stairway, and the mantle. Plus she and my youngest son decorated the tree we put on the screened porch with its orange and blue ornaments (oh yeah) while I made two chicken pot pies. Then at 9:20 p.m. I was determined to spend two hours on the couch watching a dvd even if it meant going to bed at midnight. Crazy. But that's because a really, really super-special full moon is coming in a day or so. Stay tuned.
Thanks everyone for entering and hope you all enjoyed your holiday weekend.
11 comments:
Congrats to Tiff!
And you win the prize for most timely decorations! I just this minute hung tiny ornaments on a tiny tabletop tree on the bookshelf, but that is as far as we've gotten.
"and my decorating is done prior to December for the first time in history."
No fair!
And I figured you would have something on the moon soon. Been watching it grow and set all week.
My decorating is all done too, with the exception of the tree, which we'll do next week - yeah! I love your purple ornaments :)
Only one winner??
We had a full moon here last night that showed up at 5:30pm, perfectly clear but surrounded by clouds. It was magical!
I'm so disappointed that I wasn't the winner of one of your necklaces, but will hold out hope that you'll have another contest in the not too distant future.
We put our tree up on Dec. 1 every year, so it goes up today! Conner the 4yr old is here to help put some of the decorations on, and Oliver (the chihuahua) will take them down thinking they're his toys.
Damn, I never win anything.
I am so jealous that you are decorated already! Maybe I'll manage to at least pull the boxes in from the garage today.
WOW...so cool! I feel lucky to have WON...WAA-HOO! I don't get email at school~it is blocked for download, but I will check it when I get home!
Ooooo...you are so tempting w/ the idea of boys' necklaces...hmmm...
Also...my guys would fit in with your guys...the HURLEY wearing dudes! My one guy is all about it...Rohnan!
Our house is not decorated...and i am so jealous of your beautiful tree!
BTW
eluciq means~'nature' in eskimo. it was given to me when we lived in the alaskan village of elim by some of the women i worked with...it was their christmas gift to me...i feel very lucky to have my own special name.
it is said like this (uh-loo-chick)
How LUCKY for her! Congrats!
Mmmmmmm chicken pot pie!
I'm shooting for December 15th decorating. Yup. Really.
(That is a good lookin' boy you have there!)
A Christmas tree on a screened porch.
If only.
Hope the DVD was a good one.
Post a Comment