So today is officially the full moon. I almost forgot since it is just a Monday and at 6:00 p.m. I am normally inside whipping up dinner. But with the time change I was getting home and saw the incredible moon glowing yellow against the sky. I pulled in the driveway, ran inside to get my camera and drove up the street to get a good shot. Batteries were dead. Back home, rinse, repeat. And I am so getting a new camera because why is this shot so dark??!!
It's called the Full Beaver Moon because this is the time to set beaver traps before the streams freeze over to ensure a winter of warm furs.
(After a beaver coat was about 5 years old it became the perfect fur for a beaver hat--they sold tons of these in England in the 1800's).I never knew until this past summer how significant fur trapping and trading was to our country's Western Expansion. I never knew till this year that the Gateway Arch in St. Louis represented where Western Expansion began with the Lewis and Clark Expedition. I never knew that Sacagawea's son, Jean Baptiste, went to live in St. Louis with William Clark when he was 6 years old and when he was 18 he toured Europe for 6 years. Once back in the U.S. he became a fur trapper. I guess you cannot take the mountain out of the man.
But back to my drive home at 6:00 p.m. Apparently this neighbor was a very busy beaver today:
(It's November 2nd and they are lit for the Christmas Holidays).
46 comments:
Christmas lights. Have to laugh at that.
Had never heard of the Beaver Moon. Funny thing, not 15 minutes ago I was reading about Sacagawea. She's in my novel-to-be, or rather, her statue is.
Mmmmm. You reminded me to go outside. Thank-you.
We saw it too. It was a beautiful moon.
Sunday, my usual radio station was playing Christmas songs...all day, non-stop. It's just waaay too early, don't you think?
Golly it's a beautiful moon tonight.
Hope your neighbors caught a glimmer during their early light-hanging goings on.
I'd never heard of the beaver moon either. And that beaver/hat thing sort of freaked me out.
I love your neighbor's house already all lit up for the holidays. I swear I'd do that too if my husband would let me! hehe!
You have some very proactive neighbors. Cool history lesson, thanks. Thanks also for stopping by my blog, I appreciate it.
Stop it, you are kidding me. No WAY do your neighbors have Christmas lights up! (BTW, in my hood that would be a major ding from the HOA--no outdoor xmas decorations until the day after Thanksgiving).
And it was a pretty moon. And your post title made me laugh before I even clicked over here. I am juvenile.
Cool! I knew nothing about a beaver moon. And I hope you are not offended by the dirty thoughts that went through my head at the words "beaver moon."
:) This IS the time to hang the Christmas lights, just don't LIGHT them yet!
Interesting info regarding the beaver moon, thanks for sharing!
I've been snickering myself for the past 10 months knowing that in early Nov. I'd be writing about a beaver moon. They say the beaver at one point went practically extinct...and then came back...
Anyway, I was tickled to see that glowing moon out there again tonight!
Never in my life have I seen a house all decorated with lights and lit up wreathes on 11/2. They are not right next door and I do not know them. I guess they were ready to get into the spirit.
I read. I learned. I laughed!
I can see putting Christmas lights up in November on a nice day, but turning them on at night? Yowza!
Hi! I'm PJ,host of the Amazon giveaway. You're one of my new followers and I like to meet and greet those I haven't met and gret yet! :) Welcome!
I'm following along on your blog now too!
I'm like you--I am always bummed cause my pictures never seem to turn out like I want them to! We also need a new camera.
Thanks for the lesson on a beaver moon--I didn't know any of that! Now I can impress at parties! :)
Our neighbors still have their Christmas lights up from LAST YEAR! I swear to God.
Oh, and BTW, I'm with Fast Lane - the term "Beaver Moon" took my brain to a whole different place!
I was so sad that I didn't see this post until after the full BEAVER moon. Beaver Moon!
I would've been that much more excited to see it had I known!
We've never trapped any beaver, just mostly muskrats, but a neighbor did. He was going to make a coat for his wife. The wife is long gone & I don't know what became of the pelts, but it was neat to pet it. They're an interesting animal up close.
Love your moon posts!
We have some neighbors who are already similarly decked out.
Not to mention stores and malls.
If I have to start listening to Christmas carols this early, I'm going to start shopping on the internet.
I actually thought about putting my lights out last weekend during a warm spell. But not turning them on for goodness sake, we're on a budget these days.Has to be December. I'd prefer not to see any Christmas stuff until then.
I love your moon teachings!!
Dare you to go over and unplug those things :-)
How about $10?
[url=http://vonmertoes.net/][img]http://vonmertoes.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]discount software online, [url=http://hopresovees.net/]free kaspersky 2009 licence key download[/url]
[url=http://hopresovees.net/][/url] Retail Price office software uk
microsoft office 2003 update [url=http://bariossetos.net/]coreldraw x4 serial[/url] acdsee photo
[url=http://hopresovees.net/]online order software[/url] Pro Extended Mac
[url=http://hopresovees.net/]buy operating system software[/url] microsoft active sync software
best price software [url=http://hopresovees.net/]discount children's software[/b]
[url=http://bariossetos.net/][img]http://hopresovees.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]what are the new features in adobe photoshop cs3, [url=http://vonmertoes.net/]buy photoshop software[/url]
[url=http://vonmertoes.net/][/url] office enterprise 2007 win32 english direct dvd autocad mep
software developers in canada [url=http://bariossetos.net/]buy adobe software[/url] cheap software with
[url=http://vonmertoes.net/]buy software cd[/url] microsoft software applications
[url=http://vonmertoes.net/]discount ms office software[/url] Express 4 Mac
Pro 10 Advanced Mac [url=http://hopresovees.net/]university software discount[/b]
The writer of itmustbeafullmoon.blogspot.com has written a superior article. I got your point and there is nothing to argue about. It is like the following universal truth that you can not disagree with: The above two are not coincidences I will be back.
I am the sort of hombre who loves to seek innovative things. Right now I am fabricating my personalized pv panels. I am making it all alone without the assistance of my staff. I am using the net as the only path to acheive this. I stumbled upon a very brilliant website which explains how to build photovoltaic panels and wind generators. The web site explains all the steps needed for constructing photovoltaic panels.
I'm not really sure about how correct the info given there iz. If some guys over here who have xp with these things can have a see and give your feedback in the page it would be great and I would extremely treasure it, because I truly love [URL=http://solar-panel-construction.com]solar panel construction[/URL].
Tnx for reading this. U guys rock.
dash diet pyramid [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/categories/anti-diabetic.htm]anti diabetic[/url] nicotine gum belly bloat http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/imitrex.htm urinary skin infections http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/minocycline.htm
syptoms of generalized anxiety disorder [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/tetracycline.htm]tetracycline[/url] pill to stop your period [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/catalogue/d.htm]what is conversion disorder[/url]
ahmc health tenet wu [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/ed-discount-pack-3.htm]ed discount pack 3[/url] facts on jasmine tea http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/cialis-super-active-plus.htm journal in mental health http://usadrugstoretoday.com/catalogue/h.htm
long term prognosis for congestive heart failure [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/imitrex.htm]imitrex[/url] diet vitamin k pulmonary embolism [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/categories/anti-allergic---asthma.htm]assurance health[/url]
http://his-lambs.com/forum/index.php?topic=17282.new#new http://pkmviet.uni.cc/forum/showthread.php?p=201671#post201671 http://clan-rage.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=78730 http://www.myjimmy.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=202066
http://www.escuderiaaterura.com/foro/index.php?showtopic=3927 http://djduro.net/forum/index.php?topic=200281.new#new http://timmiemods.uni.cc/tofbb/viewtopic.php?p=276906#276906 http://www.inchenibles.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13529
http://cordialtouche.xsbb.nl/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=863243 http://www.hightechiq.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=73757 http://www.dvdshrink.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17440
how to smoke cannibas [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/lasuna.htm]lasuna[/url] excess calcium effect on heart http://usadrugstoretoday.com/catalogue/b.htm free expository essay on drugs http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/lotensin.htm
legency dental mineola [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/celexa.htm]celexa[/url] kidney dialysis life expectency [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/coreg.htm]medical abreviation htn[/url]
travel insurance rip off http://atravel.in/tourism_md-tourism-site brada travel
[url=http://atravel.in/airlines_airlines-flying-out-of-detroit]travel from tampa to ft lauderdale via train[/url] inter caribbean boat travel [url=http://atravel.in/airline_airline-pilots-security-training]airline pilots security training[/url]
travel supreme m 40 rlso http://atravel.in/airport_richmond-airport-inn
[url=http://atravel.in/tourist_famous-tourist-attractions-in-wisconsin]argentina discount travel htm[/url] santa maria travel [url=http://atravel.in]World Travel Guide[/url]
sandals travel http://atravel.in/adventure_los-angles-adventure-all-suite-hotel women travel writers lesbian [url=http://atravel.in/tourist_germany-tourist]germany tourist[/url]
volkswagen milton keynes http://autoexpress.in/peugeot/peugeot/406/cooling/fan/faults dodge caravan power steering fluid specifications
[url=http://autoexpress.in/scooter/suzuki/bergmen/scooter]mercedes c230 cd[/url] convert your automobile to run on water [url=http://autoexpress.in/motors/ella/motors/com/au]ella motors com au[/url]
volkswagen 1969 69 professional restoration http://autoexpress.in/rover/dash/removal/on/1997/range/rover
[url=http://autoexpress.in/oldsmobile/stroked/oldsmobile]pacific nw auto terminals[/url] colorado automobile insurance [url=http://autoexpress.in/motors/hot/rod/wiper/motors]hot rod wiper motors[/url]
after market auto air conditioning http://autoexpress.in/buick/heritage/chevrolet/buick
[url=http://autoexpress.in/peugeot/adjustment/phase/peugeot]dodge durango dimmer switch replacement[/url] mercedes benz c 63 [url=http://autoexpress.in/rover/mars/rover/2008]mars rover 2008[/url]
make clothes color fast http://topcitystyle.com/khaki-color28.html fashion merchandising jobs dallas [url=http://topcitystyle.com/46-shirts-size4.html]nightvision seethrough clothes[/url] quarks shoes
http://topcitystyle.com/khaki-funky-color28.html masai barefoot technology shoes [url=http://topcitystyle.com/bikkembergs-sport-brand20.html]demonstration tie shoes[/url]
discounted ralph lauren bedding http://topcitystyle.com/45-women-size51.html smart step toddler shoes [url=http://topcitystyle.com/grey-polo-shirts-color1.html]miss sixty shoes[/url] directions driving city code postal province locations select dorval laurent
http://topcitystyle.com/dark-brown-gucci-color29.html dr martins shoes in liverpool [url=http://topcitystyle.com/iceberg-men-brand30.html]das kleinste haus in wien[/url]
gundam wing naked porn nude http://planetofporn.in/erotic-video/erotic-massage-fort-worth
[url=http://planetofporn.in/adult-xxx/used-adult-movies-for-sale]adult apartments fort worth[/url] free videos of hentai [url=http://planetofporn.in/adult-pic/adult-whacking]adult whacking[/url]
mature asian adult http://planetofporn.in/adult-online/ipod-video-adult
[url=http://planetofporn.in/blow/blow-jobs-cancer]sexy beach saron[/url] hentai girl turns into monster [url=http://planetofporn.in/condom/dildo-orgasim]dildo orgasim[/url]
speedometer cable lubricant http://planetofporn.in/anal-life/is-it-serious-when-there-is-pain-in-the-anal-from-bow-movement
[url=http://planetofporn.in/first-anal/video-clips-of-painful-anal-sex]adult undergarments[/url] free young glamour porn [url=http://planetofporn.in/best-amateur/amateur-gallery-gay]amateur gallery gay[/url]
anime hentai gallery http://planetofporn.in/free-amateur/vids-amateur-free
[url=http://planetofporn.in/oral/oral-steroids-is-used-for-back-spasams]amateur 18 ans juste majeur[/url] sexy eighteen [url=http://planetofporn.in/adult-stories/best-adult-halloween-costumees]best adult halloween costumees[/url]
adult crossover star jenna jameson http://xwe.in/adult-video/download-adult-games
[url=http://xwe.in/oral/combined-oral-contraceptive]adult chicks[/url] sexy housewives porn [url=http://xwe.in/teen-ass/fucking-her-ass]fucking her ass[/url]
long free anal porn videos http://xwe.in/shemales/shemales-fucking-men-dvds
[url=http://xwe.in/orgy/bit-torrent-drunk-sex-orgy]lesbian amateur mature interracial[/url] free text messaging with virgin mobile [url=http://xwe.in/bdsm/bdsm-group]bdsm group[/url]
anime adult cartoons http://xwe.in/blowjob/free-hardcore-blowjob-movies
[url=http://xwe.in/nylon/mature-nylon-upskirts]amateur sweet girls[/url] pictures of nude hentai girls [url=http://xwe.in/shemale]shemale[/url]
porn rodney http://xwe.in/erotic-gay/erotic-comics-series
[url=http://xwe.in/fetish]sexy nfl cheerleaders[/url] uncensored adult search engines [url=http://xwe.in/bondage/female-sexual-bondage]female sexual bondage[/url]
lauren london desk top screen savers http://luxefashion.us/tracksuits-page3.html sand in my shoes [url=http://luxefashion.us/white-pink-roberto-cavalli-color34.html]winamp skin designer[/url] minnesota interior designers
http://luxefashion.us/navy-blue-v-neck-color21.html therapeudic vibrating shoes [url=http://luxefashion.us/roberto-cavalli-long-sleeve-turtleneck-top-for--item2527.html]quilt designer ii sewing machine price[/url]
moccasin shoes http://www.thefashionhouse.us/camel-active-men-brand95.html designer dogs [url=http://www.thefashionhouse.us/54-pants-size9.html]cryamed form designer[/url] faith shoes
http://www.thefashionhouse.us/guess-jackets-amp-sweatshirts-brand21.html dress shoes [url=http://www.thefashionhouse.us/trussardi-club-wear-brand11.html]lauren michelle hill[/url]
virginia medical association [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/diclofenac.htm]diclofenac[/url] colquitt regional medical center http://usadrugstoretoday.com/categories/antibioticos.htm
spa pedicure bacterial infections [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/antabuse.htm]antabuse[/url] normal blood pressure readings [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/cardura.htm ]how to make your own dental partials [/url] define muscle fiber
tacoma drug offense attorney [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/adalat.htm]adalat[/url] bear river alcohol and drug http://usadrugstoretoday.com/catalogue/g.htm
how to do breast self exams [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/fosamax.htm]fosamax[/url] making crystals using magnesium sulfate [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/kamasutra-ribbed-condoms.htm ]new jersey toms river muscle cars trans am starlight bandit [/url] malabsorption disorder
designer clothing http://www.thefashionhouse.us/galliano-casual-brand33.html kleinarl austria [url=http://www.thefashionhouse.us/casual-page4.html]career clothes for woman[/url] lrg fashion
http://www.thefashionhouse.us/roberto-cavalli-dress-for-women-brown-white-item2374.html steel toed shoes [url=http://www.thefashionhouse.us/?action=products&product_id=2022]designer consignment[/url]
half lytley bowel prep causes hypertension [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/purim.htm]purim[/url] clearchoice drug test http://usadrugstoretoday.com/catalogue/l.htm
black medicine [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/generic-motrin.htm]generic motrin[/url] lemon cayenne pepper diet [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/omnicef.htm ]infection treatment [/url] pill g1530
my heart will go on instrumental solo for tenor sax [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/categories/artrite.htm]artrite[/url] strongid worm medicine for dogs http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/azulfidine.htm
southern tier and health network [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/purim.htm]purim[/url] saunders drug handbook 2008 [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/nimotop.htm ]tatoo health risks [/url] medical coding modifier power point presentation
web designer kent http://www.thefashionhouse.us/?action=products&product_id=2230 jean palace clothes [url=http://www.thefashionhouse.us/?action=products&product_id=2426]truth by calvin klein[/url] late office shoes under desk
http://www.thefashionhouse.us/of-white-pink-women-color166.html carlos santana shoes [url=http://www.thefashionhouse.us/diesel-dress-shirts-brand37.html]designer end tables[/url]
matching shoes with socks clothes http://luxefashion.us/diesel-dress-shirts-brand37.html i want to put on my my my my my boogie shoes lyrics [url=http://luxefashion.us/men-page73.html]lauren conrad[/url] womans designer clothing samples
http://luxefashion.us/jeans-cut-pants-page3.html gucci interior [url=http://luxefashion.us/l-t-shirts-for-men-size7.html]toddler clothes for easier diaper changes[/url]
the frankenstein travel map from the book http://xwl.in/airlines/united-airlines-ua-952 flexible line from pvc to travel trailer
[url=http://xwl.in/airlines/bearskin-airlines]childs personalized travel cassette[/url] celiac blog travel [url=http://xwl.in/tour/tour-ferrari-factory]tour ferrari factory[/url]
travel forun http://xwl.in/tourism/visit-tourism-cenacolo
[url=http://xwl.in/vacation-packages/best-vacation-packages-to-disneyworld-resorts]last minutes travel[/url] single travel partners [url=http://xwl.in/disneyland/ares-disneyland]ares disneyland[/url]
travel terms http://xwl.in/tourism/st-lucia-tourism-information travel tips to kuwait [url=http://xwl.in/car-rental/fira-santorini-car-rental]fira santorini car rental[/url]
http://jqz.in/paxil/paroxetine-generic-paxil
[url=http://jqz.in/paxil/generic-name-for-paxil]frank dukas drugs[/url] drug rehabilitation center miami fl [url=http://jqz.in/pamelor/pamelor-and-fibromyalgia]pamelor and fibromyalgia[/url]
drugs medicine banned pakistan http://jqz.in/proventil/proventil-albuterol-discounted-no-prescription-needed
[url=http://jqz.in/prozac/prozac-fish-oil]current drugs statistics[/url] keith evans drugs [url=http://jqz.in/prozac/prozac-battery-operated-clock]prozac battery operated clock[/url]
some people get addicted to drugs http://jqz.in/pharmacology/division-pharmacology-cder
[url=http://jqz.in/phosphatidylserine/health-benefits-of-phosphatidylserine]rural health care needs[/url] where to purchase viagra cialis levitra online [url=http://jqz.in/pharma/trend-liability-insurance-pharma]trend liability insurance pharma[/url] diginel or actonel drug [url=http://jqz.in/penicillin/penicillin-vk-discount]penicillin vk discount[/url]
To speak on this question it is possible long.
[url=http://thedesignerdresses.info/deals/Designer+Evening+Dresses/]Designer Evening Dresses[/url]. Stylish Boho Top Hippie Club Sweater Dress summer dress Women Wedding Cocktail Party Dress Club Nwt $50 Sz 7. summer dress New Sexy Orange Womens Gypsy Party Summer Sun Dress S M womens dresses size 14 , Women's Dress Skirt & Top Karen Scott .
Willingly I accept. The question is interesting, I too will take part in discussion.
[url=http://earth4energy-greendiyenergy.com/]Green DIY Energy[/url], Considering the rate at which our planet is getting exploited of its non renewable energy sources and the dramatic climatic changes happening due to the consumption of these minerals, we have to shift focus and keep our options open. Renewable energy is a form of energy that can never extinguish. Where as coming to wind energy, a wind mill can be constructed in a backyard and can be utilized as an electricity generator. Wind mills should be taken as an option only in places where there are moderately strong winds. Places in high altitudes, where there is enough amount of wind to move the blades. Renewable energy is a source of energy that can never get exhausted or the energy source that we can never run out off. The sun energy has been harvested since centuries.So these are some of the renewable energy sources that we are using.
Post a Comment