Anyway, back to my incredible memory. A couple months ago Laura wrote a funny post (click on the blue) about a woman who uses homemade menstrual pads and lots of comments followed. And then a couple of weeks ago she received a (joke) gift in the mail from one of her readers and Laura asked us other readers to guess who sent it and to guess what the gift was (click on the blue for her post). I knew right away who sent it because I’m all stalkerish in my memory-skillz ability of what blogs Laura likes to read. And then it took a couple of tries but I guessed what the gift was.
Her gift was this pretty menstrual pad (but in pink and brown) and Laura listed many possible uses for it (except not to really use it as intended). I told Laura I didn’t need a prize for guessing but that she should send me the pad and we’d call it the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pad. Laura asked her readers if they thought it sounded like a good idea and they did (click on the blue for her post). It will be mailed from woman to woman, perhaps with a journal, and with a place for you to post. But not to use it.
We're making plans for this pad......
13 comments:
I imagine the pad's charm is in its washability. But, umm, if it's going to be traveling and all, I'd vote that it remain in its virgin state.
I'm just not sure how I feel about a washable menstrual pad. Ok, wait, I do KNOW how I feel about it but I don't want to offend anyone so I will keep my thoughts to myself. I think the traveling pad is a hilarious idea!
Yikes! Would the person receiving it have to use it??? I think it's a funny idea, though!
Why would anyone make one that is washable? I am all for the "green movement" but some things MUST be disposable! YUKKO!
Although I no longer bleed, I would love to receive the pad and write something about the days when I did and what it was like when I stopped.
So...just saying...don't skip us old women. Us crones. We remember. We do.
I'm a crone who remembers very well too. I think it is ingenious, and hilarious and cute, but I'm the hippie demographic who tied dental floss on sea sponges for such things in her twenties. Yep, I had two and washed and reused them through my summers of camping and hiking in the mountains. It's amazing what you get used to.
I read that native american indians used rags filled with cattail fiber, as it is very absorbent. You use what you have!
Oh wow. I mean, I guess I should have known such a thing existed, given that there are people who are trying to come up with wash-and-reuse toilet paper.
In any case, it's hilarious. My mind is spinning trying to think of uses for it.
Strangely, just this morning I was thinking of Laura and her reusable pad. This blog world is very small. Did you know that Laura's kids and my son go to the same school? Anyway, I'll start thinking of pad uses. I'd love to be a sister. SO FUN!
OK, I have got to get this pad out of my house...let's get this project flowing! (yes, pun intended)
Glasses case? Cellphone holder? Napkin ring? Silverwear set holder for picnics?
I try to avoid pads, in general, but that looks so, comfy :) And interesting. And as long as no one is trying it out, it sure sounds like a fun game.
I am just catching up. This is hilarious. I'd heard of resusable tampons that you can sanitize in the dishwasher, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised about the reusable pad!
Umm, I'm late (NO pun intended) making a comment, but do I get extra credit for trying the diva cup? Also extra hippie & reusable like.
I love the idea of any odd item be sent around. We have many a family tradition centered around it. And throwing left over baked potatoes over the house...
die Prächtige Phrase viagra wirkungsweise levitra [url=http//t7-isis.org]cialis online ohne rezept[/url]
Post a Comment