Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I Just Leave My Clothes on Hangers

I never have to remind my middle son to get together the clothes he wants to wear the night before a school day. This is what you'll find on his closet floor each night. No, this is not a crime scene:


What, you don't lay out each piece all smooth like Flat Stanley on your closet floor? With the shoes placed at the ankle of the pant leg? I'm surprised the socks are still rolled up.

Of this I am not complaining at all. In fact, just the other day he picked out those pants, that shirt and another shirt that is green that he wanted for St. Patrick's Day. And I thought to myself how easy it is dressing boys (easy = inexpensive and not much time involved). Not that they don't care about how they look, or their clothes, because they do. But get them a couple pairs of shoes, some jeans (shorts when it's warmer) and T-shirts and you score. In fact, the latest were bought online at PacSun....very, very easy.

There has actually been more pickiness over shampoo lately. I do the weekly Target run and pick out the shampoo and select whatever strikes my fancy, which means--do I have a coupon for it or is it on sale. Apparently my husband likes Pantene. We ran out and I replaced it on Sunday with a bottle of Herbal Essence shampoo. I thought it was pretty neat because when you squirt it in the palm of your hand there are two shades of pink all swirled around. And it smelled best out of the 8 sniff tests I did. Well, he complained. This, from a man whose hair is about one half inch long. I don't get that.

The next night I was in my sons' bathroom and saw that they had a bottle of Pantene shampoo in there, so I put it in our shower and replaced theirs with that rejected bottle of pink Herbal Essence shampoo. My youngest son used it and loved the swirly shades of pink that he stirred up in his palm before rubbing on his head. I was saying goodnight to him on his bed as my middle son was getting into the shower. Then he comes out and wants to know what happened to the Pantene shampoo. "Just use the new one that I put in there", I said. He then said, "Well, I like it when the shampoo and conditioner match and we now have Pantene conditioner in here and no matching Pantene shampoo."

I have the most hair in this house so what is with these guys?

(And ya know I grumble in jest cuz this is EASY stuff).

Are you all ready for St. Patrick's Day:

13 comments:

Amy said...

That photo is hilarious!! I love how precise it is--you're right, just like Flat Stanley!

Funny how persnickety kids can be, eh? At least you don't have to bribe them to bathe! Your boys sound like quality little dudes.

honeypiehorse said...

That is an awesome shirt. My 4 year old daughter is exactly like that.

Wander to the Wayside said...

This is just too funny! My 4 and 7year old grandsons are into fragrances with the soap gel right now, especially since I got a gift set of six different smells for christmas to choose from. And I'm with the son that thinks the shampoo and conditioner should match!

Ms. Moon said...

Boys. They are not girls. This I know.

Becky said...

Your boys are using CONDITIONER??? What's that about??? I thought that was a female-only product.

Michele R said...

Amy—True about the bathing! That way the sheets only need changing every 2 weeks! Sometimes the youngest two grumble, but then you can’t get the middle one out.
Honeypie—New shirt—I was shocked he wanted it.
Wander—Love that the grands are liking the soap smells!
Surrounded—You always point out the stuff that makes me stop and laugh. I think my middle son only uses it. He used to have pretty long hair but now it is in a longish, shaggy style (like Tim Urban on American Idol) so he is in the habit of using it. And youngest son has shortish thick hair, and in winter the crown got all static-like so I told him to use it sometimes. Oldest son and me are obsessed about smelling his (Youngest's) head. Does your oldest sniff any of the youngest boys’ hair? No? OK, we are weird.

Organic Motherhood with Cool Whip said...

Hahahaha!! They want matching hair products? Gotta love that. It's an issue of mine too. I like my shampoo and conditioner to match.

Midlife Roadtripper said...

That's so funny. I love that little guy. As to shampoo, yes, you'll be amazed at what boys decide they like. One happy with Dial soap. Another wanting something so much better.

Becky said...

Ha! Those flat Stanley pics cracked me up. How did you get such organized boys?

It is so annoying when men express opinions about grooming products. I just roll my eyes. And my husband knows not to touch my good shampoo!

Anonymous said...

Organic--I just like to have a variety so I can switch it around all week long.
Midlife--So true.
Becky--Ha! The laying out of the clothes is one boy only. But it is the only floor space available. You should see what the rest of the closet floor!

tiff said...

i have to tell you that my boys' do the same...well actually Rohnan more so than Keegan.

i often step on the flat clothing lay out when i go into kiss the boy good night...and YES he does it just like your son! accessories and all! ♥

tawny said...

Michele- Your boys seem like such great kids....good job mama!!

Love the organization and showers..a mom's dream. seriously.

Love your interest in CO.
Ft. Collins is close by but we will be in Broomfield. CO is a beautiful place, I think that is why I was able to do this move! It reminds me so much of S.L. (home!)

Have a good week....! (and no more snow right? Are you finally warming up a bit?? Love spring!)

Christy said...

So funny! Love the outfits and the need for matching shampoo/conditioner. Hope you have a great weekend!