I have a wonderful friend and we've been friends since we were 12 years old. She lives on the other side of the country and leads a very busy life, like me. We used to talk only every few months and the call would last for hours to catch up. I don’t think either one of us liked having the long gaps of time in between so what we do these days is try to catch each other during the times that we are in the car….or we leave each other multiple voice mails. See, I am old fashioned that way—no texting. I like hearing friends’ voices and stories—the longer the better.
The other day on the way to work I was lamenting over some fast and furious period cramps. I was thinking, “I will have to tell L how this perimenopause really sucks. First I will go three months without a cycle and then it comes on full blast and catches me unaware and having to dash to CVS at lunchtime like I am a new teenager or something.”
And then I thought something that happened in 8th grade—I bet L does not remember this. Our 8th grade history class (such a cool school: 7th grade history was one year full of ancient Greek history; 8th grade was all about the Middle Ages; 9th grade was all about the Renaissance) was just about over and we were sitting in metal chairs in a semi-circle next to each other and I sneezed. Big sneeze. WTH? It suddenly occurred to me that I got my period for the first time a month or so prior and here it was a month or so later and was clueless about being prepared. And with that sneeze…it started. We wore uniform skirts, rather short, and I was actually sitting on the metal seat. I looked at L, who had been on this path of new womanly circumstances earlier than me and she knew I needed help. She got out a sheet of notebook paper and as soon as I stood up, she nonchalantly placed that sheet of paper on my chair.
And I shook my head as I realized that 35 years later I am still sharing my cycle woes with her, sheesh, some things never change. But something more occurred to me. These past couple years I have joined her on the path of perimenopause and there is no one better who understands and shares her experience and knowledge.
So this month when I think of the Pink Full Moon, besides thinking of the flowers blossoming everywhere, I am thinking of pink as the symbol of female friendship. Happy Birthday, L! I still can’t get over how I saw you on a couple of occasions out and about while at different elementary schools—once on Catalina Island and once at a fair, before actually meeting you at our new school in 7th grade. I’m so glad we are still sharing this path of friendship so many years later.
Tell me if you are still friends with a childhood friend and when did you meet?
32 comments:
I guess it's appropo for me to be the first to comment on this month's blog, although normally in life I am quite unfashionably late. What an honor for me to have one of your cool posts devoted to me, my friend. I did not forget the notebook paper incident, only the details of the circumstances. I TOTALLY remember placing the paper there, but I think it was your idea. Thankfully I had paper! I also remember the day we first talked and you said you had seen me at Pioneer Days in my pink parka a few weekends before. I couldn't believe that, before we actually met at school, you remembered seeing me, some random girl, at a local fair. It's not like we lived in a small town or anything (L.A.!)!. I was so impressed by your inuitive skills, and have been ever since that day. Like when you would inform us about abuses of young women in countries we had never even heard of, and secret info. about growing up that every young woman should know, but whose moms weren't telling them. You were enlightened and shared that with all of us. I look forward every day to our VM blog, to the continuation of a meaningful friendship in the truest sense of the word, that spans miles and years as if they had not passed. Whatever our separate paths, we will walk the path of friendship together, until we can walk no more! P.S. Don't rush me into 48, hag, you're right behind me! ;)
Yes. I am still friends with a childhood friend and we have menstrual stories to share and now, both of us have outlived our ovaries and it is comforting.
What a lovely post! And I can't wait to tell my girls it's the Pink Full Moon. (I was so excited to come find out which moon this was....)
My holdover childhood friend is a dude, but I don't think I'd hesitate to complain about female things to him.
Thanks for the reminder about how special those special friends are!
My best friend and I have been together for 28 years now. I met her when we were 16 and I was dating her brother. She scared the heck out of me at first but then I realized she was just shy and I was actually the scarier of the two of us in terms of personality. She lives 2 minutes from my front door now and I wouldn't have it it any other way. Gotta love your besties...sounds like you have a great one!
I've known by best friend for 22 years. She was my very first friend when we moved to Maryland from Massachusetts. I was so nervous about being the new girl and starting school in the middle of the year, but she made it easy.
No better friend than on who quite literally covers you fanny, er, lady incidents.
You've inspired me to reconnect with my best bud from third grade - we were always close until about a year ago when she moved to London. Ridiculous in this day and age to let space take over.
BTW: I don't text either. OMG!
I love it and I love that your friend posted her comment right after.
Facebook has been so great at finding old friends, esp my best friend from grade school who sat on a bee in the first grade. I haven't seen her since we were in HS but we seem to have picked up right where we left off.
Pink IS the color of friendship, at least female friendship. :)
Wonderful post, thanks, Michele Renee. I have a couple of girlfriends from high school and a college buddy that I hold very close to my heart. We don't have to talk much or frequently, but the bond is there. Thank you for reminding me of this joy.
I look forward to the pink full moon tonight that is dedicated to me by my BFF! :) Best wishes out there to all who have BFFs and who are inspired by this post to contact them tonight and tell them how much they mean to us!
I'm a military brat, so I have no long-time friends.
Interestingly, though, I was just sharing the story of my 13-year-old, Spanish class, an orange chair, and major spillage.
best registry cleaner , Software program that scans the Pc registry and looks for obsolete and invalid entries.
registry cleaner , [url=http://morial.nazwa.pl/serwis/index.php?option=com_content]registry cleaner[/url]
registry cleaner , [url=http://blu-ray-technology.com/hdforum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile]registry cleaner[/url]
fix registry , [url=http://khrealm.vzz.net/index.php?subaction=showcomments]fix registry[/url]
registry cleaner , [url=http://mstar.pe.kr/zeroboard/zboard.php?id=guestbook]registry cleaner[/url]
registry cleaner online , [url=http://www.weight-loss-forums.com/journal/welcome__joseph__free_registry_cleaner]registry cleaner online[/url]
registry cleaner , [url=http://www.silver-drake.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=3]registry cleaner[/url]
registry cleaner , [url=http://www.shujinkoh.net/bbs/lb.cgi?res=184691]registry cleaner[/url]
registry cleaner , [url=http://www.pilambdachi.org/gb/guestbook.php?offset=125]registry cleaner[/url]
Programs usually create Registry entries for momentary data and pointers with other files, but in no way erase them. Furthermore, if ringbinders are manually deleted through the user.
Registry entries may point out files that do not exist. A Registry scanner can ahtvniwxnjnjnjnnjaw participate a offer of method utilities or a stand-alone, windows 7 registry cleaner program
euwmqwepvmowgpyiuwmrz. [url=http://www.acnetreatment2k.com/]acne treatment[/url]
lpwbtx
Howdy doo,
I'm hoping to find a distributor of some embroidered badges similar to the ones found here [url=http://www.embroideredpatchesplus.com/]embroidered patches[/url] to have ironed onto my motorcycle club vest and I'd like to get a recommend source for a somewhere to get them from.
http://blog.kp.ru/users/toiphibeco/post136335835/
http://blog.kp.ru/users/saucroclyblank/post137159215/
http://blog.kp.ru/users/factrentthobaths/post136511450/
http://blog.kp.ru/users/festnantnessber/post136605345/
http://blog.kp.ru/users/thirisvano/post137345422/
http://blog.kp.ru/users/pilmobaddtab/post136867095/
http://blog.kp.ru/users/linkdaltiturn/post137255604/
http://blog.kp.ru/users/veleelirans/post136424806/
http://blog.kp.ru/users/cribaceren/post137159581/
http://blog.kp.ru/users/gessnetzdeci/post137249667/
http://blog.kp.ru/users/bumanesva/post136517854/
http://blog.kp.ru/users/jezznetwtarbo/post136812984/
http://blog.kp.ru/users/factrentthobaths/post136519691/
http://blog.kp.ru/users/drivheslali/post136770494/
http://blog.kp.ru/users/abdrakinra/post137158837/
http://blog.kp.ru/users/liorespenste/post136695018/
http://blog.kp.ru/users/hamtiorepbu/post136706854/
http://blog.kp.ru/users/bloodordiwol/post136519824/
http://blog.kp.ru/users/probneumadchess/post137158101/
http://blog.kp.ru/users/tiohoundlasssen/post136336208/
http://blog.kp.ru/users/gocanara/post136771405/
http://blog.kp.ru/users/terclijibtie/post137345848/
http://blog.kp.ru/users/weinaiwima/post136340881/
http://blog.kp.ru/users/acelighil/post137184569/
http://blog.kp.ru/users/scotcompcatcu/post137159309/
http://blog.kp.ru/users/festnantnessber/post136532382/
http://blog.kp.ru/users/cradkaphoto/post136869968/
http://blog.kp.ru/users/goldbeaghlele/post136473819/
http://blog.kp.ru/users/omstumcella/post137255839/
http://blog.kp.ru/users/needmicira/post136796877/
Hi all. How are you?
Найти лучшее: скачать acronis startup recovery manager
Найти лучшее: самсунг f480 скачать аську
Найти лучшее: [url=http://downfast.ugu.pl/ypnv.html]скачать jimm на телефон в формате jad[/url]
электронные сигареты иваново - курение одна сигарета
szdr klynq [URL=http://www.blowjobs234.com]blowjobs234[/URL] gedqns r gp e lqv
I just want to say Hi to Everyone!
qpxm jzunj porno dyctvw z yg d cav
Urteter nuytre: http://familymeersle.yourfreehosting.net
http://rodbionibb.yourfreehosting.net
http://s1.shard.jp/lolavacamp
http://s1.shard.jp/sauconacamp
скачать mp3 юрий потеенко фильм попса
http://downmafi.prv.pl/dhcy.html
http://downunre.prv.pl/jdqs.html
http://downsiata.prv.pl/dsqa.html
скачать mu с молдавского сервака
http://downtonsball.prv.pl/dvwi.html
http://downalcon.prv.pl/yacv.html фильм чужой alien скачать
http://downelflam.prv.pl/maww.html филатов сказка про федота стрельца mp3 скачать
Over one thousand shoppers a day come to our on-lime pharmacy to buy this painkiller! That's what i want to say here.
buy facebook likes
facebook likes
http://www.provokator.org/polls/you-take-public-bus-30min-free-seats-spiked-hair-hiphopper-granny-roma-girl-bus-driver-where-d http://www.favias.org/page/resume
1000 facebook likes buy facebook likes get facebook likes
I am running Windows XP SP3 and am connected to the internet through a Comcast modem and Belkin router. It says my internet connection is excellent and this problem does not occur on the other laptop in the house. I have tried many things and there are no viruses or firewall problems. I decided to run IE's diagnostic thing. It said there was some problem, that I was told could be solved by using Winsock XP Fix (because whenever IE tried to fix it, it claimed it fixed it and to restart my computer, but then when I would restart, the problem would still occur and be detected). After using Winsock XP Fix, the problem stopped for a few hours, but is now back again and this program does not solve it anymore. Any help is appreciated, thank you.
get facebook likes 1000 facebook likes [url=http://1000fbfans.info]1000 facebook likes [/url] 1000 facebook likes
sbmjprhas ojvejerwp vpssxfimn [url=http://www.the-north-face-jackets-sale.com]cheap north face jackets[/url] pizentcyn pjtouevji mzbdgbmxj [url=http://www.the-north-face-jackets-sale.com]the north face outlet[/url] lahqgcowd vikxjmnpx phtteehwu [url=http://www.the-north-face-jackets-sale.com]north face jacekts[/url] pihxbtuos gisvmosre mttxpxbsi
Related articles:
http://www.hllf.net/37/%5chttp:%2f%2fwww.cheap-nike-nfl-jerseys.com%2fsan-diego-chargers-jersey-antonio-gates-jersey-c-647_649.html%5c
http://torrent-t.com/forum/posting.php?mode=reply&t=268
http://www.stephenking.ru/guestbook/index.php?action=reply&messageId=11863
와우 .... 좋은 게시물이 .. 제가 정말 좋아 ....
I congratulate, a brilliant idea
Between us speaking, in my opinion, it is obvious. You did not try to look in google.com?
Completely I share your opinion. In it something is and it is good idea. It is ready to support you.
I am final, I am sorry, it not a right answer. Who else, what can prompt?
You are certainly right. In it something is and it is excellent thought. I support you.
[url=http://shenenmaoyitt.fashionblog.com.br/][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
[url=http://mkbagcheap2.sosblogs.com/][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
[url=http://shenenmaoyipo.bravesites.com/][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
[url=http://shenenmaoyiw.devhub.com/][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
[url=http://cheapbagmk2.soup.io/][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
[url=http://buy-methylprednisolone.webspawner.com/]methylprednisolone acetate uses
[/url] cadista 4 mg used
neo medrol cream
methylprednisolone and copd
Post a Comment